Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Portable Weather Alert Radio



Portable Weather Alert Radio

Features:
  • NOAA Public AlertTM certified radio Monitors U.S. Emergency All Hazards, and Emergency Alert System (EAS) weather bulletins, warnings, & forecasts
  • Flexible programming - select Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) broadcasts in up to 9 different locations
  • 3 levels of messages: Statement, Watch, Warning, and Test in English, French, or Spanish
  • Clock with alarm
  • Includes rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack, belt clip, and charging dock
This portable weather alert radio is easy to program, just don't put too many codes into it, I had put family's codes into it so I could call them to alert them. But after my radio went off at 2AM about a flash flood warning in an area 50 miles away, I got that relative her own radio and deleted her code from my radio.

The alarm is loud, unless my TV is too loud, I can hear it anywhere in the condo. actually, my area is under a severe storm watch now, I was not home when the alarm went off, but the message scrolls across the screen until the alert is over or it is replaced with another alert. Again, this is essential for all. If a tornado is in my area at 3AM, I want to know, by the way, as I was proofing this, my alarm went off for severe storm for my area.

No comments:

Related Posts